I was delighted to try this cool kitchen tool from OXO the Flip & Fold Omelet Turner...which also makes it also the perfect tool to use to make pancakes.
I decided to give the Oxo Flip and Fold a complete test run and made a batch of pancakes..... I was really impressed with the Flip and Fold as it was light to use and comfortable in the hand.
I Really loved the flexible edges as the Flip and Fold could glide and bend underneath the pancake making it easier to move and flip the pancake and check the cooking process, The Flip & Fold is also wide, which made it perfect when it came to flipping over the pancake.
I really love the Flip and Fold and cant imagine ever using another kitchen tool when making pancakes or eggs.
The Flip and Fold is Silicone heat resistant up to 600f and is safe for non stick cookware, and is dishwasher safe.
Here are the Pancakes I made using the Oxo Flip and Fold. For more information on OXO Flip and Fold check out OXO UK
Chocolate and Banana Pancakes
Bunch of Bananas
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl, then a well in the centre of the flour and break the eggs into it. Then begin whisking the eggs slowly incorporating the flour from around the edges.
- Next gradually add small quantities of the milk and water mixture, still whisking you may get some lumps but these should eventually disappear as you continue whisk).
- Next add a small amount of oil to a non stick frying pan.
- Once the pan is hot add s small amount of the mixture to the pan and ensure the base of the pan is filled with the mixture to ensure the pancake cooks evenly.
- Then using your Flip and Fold gently ease the pancake from the edges and once a light golden brown flip over and repeat.
- I tend to stack my pancakes in a warm oven between grease proof paper to keep them warm whilst I make the rest.
- And soon enough you will have some yummy pancakes.
- Serve with a generous helping of Chocolate Spread or Melted Chocolate and some sliced Banana...Yummy.
This recipe will make around 12 Pancakes